At Health Care for Children, we know sick kids can not wait to be helped. Our staff and team of pediatricians are committed to having them be seen by one of our that day. Your child will be evaluated in our office and offered a plan of action. Your child may be prescribed a medication to be filled by your prefered pharmacy, recommended an over the counter option, suggested in-home remedies, or if needed admit your child to a local hospital. Follow up appointments may be necessary to check the prognosis of your child.
We understand that kids get sick during all hours of the day and not just Monday through Friday. For this reason, our nurses are available to answer your calls seven days of the week, 9am to 9pm. Should your child need to come into the office and be seen by a pediatrician, rest assured our doctors see patients seven days a week. For your convenience, our office offers evening hours four nights a week, Saturday and Sunday mornings by appointment only.
Monday to Friday
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Weekend and Evening Hours
Monday to Thursday (by appointment only)
5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday (by appointment only)
9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Signs You Might Have a Sick Kid
Here are some signs you may need to schedule an appointment to see your pediatrician:
- Severe or persistent vomiting.
- Fever that will not break.
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then will return with fever and worse cough.
- Any type of fast breathing or shortness of breath.
- Will get so irritable that the child does not want to be held or calmed.
- Not drinking enough fluids or refusing to drink.
- Not urinating, no tears when crying or decreased number of wet diapers.
- Not waking up easily, not interacting or is acting lethargic.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatricians, call (816) 792-1170.
For general inquiries only, you can Contact Us online or visit Healthy Children.org
Proudly serving the Northland in Liberty and Kansas City.